Defore we dive in
Some (opinionated) things worth mentioning:
- there are many other useful shortcuts out there, I’ve tried to keep the number as low as possible while still being able to call it a keyboard-only workflow
- these work best with a full-sized keyboard and a large enough screen to support split editing
- increasing the key repeat speed in
Key repeatallows you to move around a lot faster
- disabling "show errors navigator on build fail" behavior in
Behavioursmakes working in 2 editors + no navigator mode easier
- disabling auto code completion will allow you to write faster and stay in focus
Open quicklywill open the file in a new editor.
- use a linter/formatter, aligning stuff by hand is no fun
That being said, there are a couple of shortcuts I'm still looking/waiting for:
- jump to the previously edited location
- center cursor in the visible area (i.e. after scrolling)
Maybe one day, sigh.